View Larger Map
A message from the ARCBA Chapter DST Lead Peter Sheerin:
We are planning to have the next comm meeting on Sunday, March 20th, at 10:00am, at the Oakland Red Cross office.
This date was chosen to provide enough time to arrange schedules, yet happen as soon as possible. We had to avoid the previous two Saturdays due to conflicts with CPR Saturday and a couple of key people being in training classes.
There are several things we need to work on–here’s my preliminary agenda:
- Equipment Distribution
- Greg Albrecht and I have worked up a draft plan of how to distribute the 800 MHz radios. We will present our plan, and look for input on what we may have missed, and determine what else needs to be tweaked. We will schedule a work party ASAP after that to reprogram the radios and then get them distributed according to that plan.
- Budgeting–we need to come up with two types of budget requests.
- One is for immediate short-term fixes (some of you have already provided this). Bad coax, flakey radios, broken towers–anything that is preventing us from operating.
- Two is for us to come up with an annual maintainance budget.
- Three is for refreshing our older equipment. I’d like us to begin replacing our older equipment for reliability, and so that we can have commonality in equipment across the chapter
- We need to design a chapter comm plan. I imagine this will take up most of the meeting. Please think about what we need to do as a chapter, and what differences we will need from county to county. I’ll share the existing documentation we have as a starting point, but we really have never had much more than an outline, and we need something much more comprehensive. Think about our mission, which resources we have, and which other groups we need to interface with (ARES, CERT, etc.). What additional training do we need?
I imagine we will spend most of the time on brainstorming the beginnings of our comm plan. I’d like to spend 15 minutes each on the first two items and get them out of the way so we can focus our energy on developing our plan for the rest of the year.